Do you take certain medications “as needed”? In other words, do you take certain medications only sometimes? “As needed” medications can be tracked in the Groove Health app.
To add and track an “As needed” medication:
- Open the Groove Health app and click the “plus” icon at the top right of the screen.
- Type in the name of the medication you would like to track “As needed”, then click on your selection in the list.
- Select your medication dose (e.g. 20mg) and type (e.g. tablet).
- Click the button under “How often do you take this med”? By default, this says “Every Day.”
- Choose “As Needed” from the available options.
- Click “Save and Schedule.”
You will now see your “As Needed” medication on the “Today” tab and in your medication list on the “My Meds” tab.
To mark that you took an “As Needed” medication, click on the “Today” tab, then click on the plus icon in the circle, at the right of your As Needed med’s name. Your dose will be recorded on your “Today” tab and in your history (found on the “More” tab).